In the 19th century Turin became a renowned centre for the production of chocolate, giving birth, among others, to the aromatized "diablotin" and "givu" chocolates. Within this experimental context, Carlo Birocchetto set up his chocolate-production company in 1882. With time Carlo transformed what was once a tiny chocolate laboratory into a highly respected international confectioner company.
After the end of the First World War, "Commendatore" Giuseppe Feletti acquired Mr Birocchetto’s company changing its name to the current "Feletti", growing its operations and , in 1968, opening a new plant production plant in northern Italy’s Pont–Saint-Martin, Valle d’Aosta. Nowadays Feletti’s production relies on the most modern machineries and technology fuelled by ongoing research & development efforts. Such investments enable the company to innovate its product portfolio whilst at the same time remaining loyal to its hand-crafted tradition of Mr Birocchetto’s workshop. Gianduiotti Azzurri, descendants of the old Turin workshop’s "givu" and symbol of the city renowned in Italy and abroad, are the flagship of the company’s broad product portfolio.
Since 2012, Feletti, along with Sorini, a renowned brand characterized by a relevant commercial presence in international markets, is controlled by HDI Holding Dolciaria Italiana Group.
Web site: http://feletti-cioccolato.it